When it comes to choosing a high-quality microphone, most consumers will go for a brand they recognize over product quality. This is, however, not always the best strategy. It helps to know all the terms and technologies behind the best microphones in 2021.
When it comes to Audio-Technica AST2035 vs Blue Yeti, if you plan on using the microphone for podcasting, then the Blue Yeti is the way to go. If you are needing to do some professional music recording, however, you are going to want to choose the AT2035.
In this article, we will compare the Audio-Technica AT2035 and Blue Yeti. We will walk you through each of these microphones. We will examine the quality, price, ease of use, and compatibility.
Audio-Technica makes excellent quality audio gear. The AT2035 features a condenser audio sensor that is ideal for home studio use. With this microphone, you can record clear vocals with a high dynamic audio range.
The AT2035 uses an XLR output, and this mic is a lot lower cost than other XLR mics. This microphone is designed for professional studio applications and can even be relied on for live performances It uses a cardioid studio condenser that can deliver amazing levels of detail and extremely low noise. It has an 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad that can be bypassed if desired.
The AT2035 can handle very high sound pressure levels easily. It has a rugged construction and provides a high level of consistency. Each AT2035 comes with a protective pouch and a shock mount.
Audio-Technica AT2035 Features:
Specifically designed to provide a low-noise, high-clarity output
It doesn’t matter if you are working on a home studio project or using it in a live performance, this microphone will always deliver. Its built-in filter works fantastically under high sound pressure levels.
This gives this mic a smoother, natural quality sound with low noise.
Custom-made shock mount system
This gives the microphone a high-quality level of isolation.
Includes switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad
This provides for excellent performance during high-pressure sound recordings.
Polar patterned cardioids
This drastically reduces the pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, further improving the isolation of sound from the source.
- Comes with a custom shock mount and protective pouch
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- 4.6/5 stars on Amazon
- Price: $149.00
We think this is an excellent studio-quality condenser mic that is a good value for the money. If you are progressing to or already using XLR equipment, then this is the best mic you can get for less than $200.
The Blue Yeti features a highly versatile pickup. It’s a USB mic so there is no need for an expensive audio interface. This microphone can capture sound with flawless clarit
The Blue Yeti was designed for versatility in mind. Even though its a low-cost USB microphone, it has four different modes: Cardioid, Omni, Bi-Directional, and Stereo.
This microphone is designed for various use-cases ranging from group calls to podcasts. You can even do professional audio recording and live streaming with this mic.
Other features of the Yeti microphone include the ability to have studio controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain. This gives the user more control over the recording process.
If you experiencing lag or distortions during recording, you can improve the quality by adjusting the microphone’s sensitivity. This is not common and it’s usually because the computer that the Blue Yeti is plugged into is simply not powerful enough to run the microphone.
In these rare circumstances, you can, at least, change the quality to compensate for your PC’s lack of performance.
Also, the mute button is extremely helpful for live recording sessions. This mic has no latency delay and provides a real-time monitoring jack.
Blue Yeti Features:
This microphone has a that can capture excellent broadcast sound. This provides for a high level of focus and clarity, which means this is one of the best mics for professional-level gaming.
Whether you are Twitch streaming, podcasting, and making YouTube videos, the Blue Yeti has the professional features and studio sound quality to deliver excellent performance.
Excellent studio controls
This lets the user have complete control and freedom over the recording process. Adjustable headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain settings ensure that you get your sound just right.
- The mics cardioid mode lets you record sound sources right in front of the microphone. This delivers an enhanced, rich, sound.
- Stereo mode lets the left and right channels capture a wide, realistic sound image. This is ideal for recording acoustic guitar as well as immersive experiences.
- Omnidirectional mode is great for recording live band performances, or a multi-person podcast. It’s also good for conference calls and meetings.
- Bidirectional mode lets you record from the front and rear. These is great interview sessions and for recording duets.
- Being a side-address microphone, the Blue Yeti can accept sound from an angle that is perpendicular to the mic. The differs from a standard front-address mic that only accepts sound from the end.
- The Blue yeti features high-resolution LED metering. This gives the user a visual representation of the mic’s pickup level using an 11-segment LED meter.
- Its multi-function smart knob lets users easily and quickly adjust mic gain, mute, and monitor output volume. It also allows you to blend the microphone signal with the computer sound within your headphones.
- The Blue Yeti has a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack that lets you listen to what you’re recording in real-time, without zero latency.
- The Blue Yeti works with all major operating systems including Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and even Windows XP. Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher is also supported.
- The Blue Yeti is highly portable. It can be folded down easily, or you can even remove it entirely from its base. This is helpful for mounting it directly on a mic stand or Radius II shock mount.
- Amazon: 4.4/5 stars on Amazon
- Price: $169.99
The Blue Yeti represents an excellent value for the money. It has excellent voice recognition and impressive sound quality. It’s one of the best gaming mics you can get.
Audio-Technica AST2035 vs Blue Yeti – Conclusion
The most important factor to consider when choosing the best microphone to buy is why you need a microphone in the first place. The needs of a podcaster are a lot different than the needs of a musician.
If the microphone is going to be used for podcasting, then the Blue Yeti is the way to go. If you are needing to do some professional music recording, however, you are going to want to choose the AT2035.
Remember, the Blue Yeti is a USB microphone. So, the upside of that is that it includes its own audio interface. That means just about any computer with an available USB port is ready to use the Blue Yeti.
In contrast, the Audio-Technica AT2035 is an analog XLR mic. So, you need a separate audio interface to be able to effectively connect this microphone to your PC.
We hope you found this guide useful when comparing the Audio-Technica AST2035 vs Blue Yeti microphones. Finding the best microphone for you can be difficult, and that’s why we make these guides.
Marziano is a seasoned tech expert with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and multiple certifications, including CompTIA A+, Network+, and Cisco’s CCNA, he has a well-rounded and robust understanding of various aspects of technology.