Whether you seek something that will not kill your back or wanna replace your old chair, investing in a new gaming chair for your PC is a smart choice.
This especially applies to those who work or play video games for long hours every day. A good PC gaming chair will not only keep your back properly aligned, but also improve your spine posture over time (Source).
Quality gaming chairs don’t have to cost a fortune too. It turns out that a lot of cheap gaming chairs work better than an average office chair.
Popular Gaming Chair Types
There are so many types of gaming chairs to choose from. While pedestal and rocker gaming chairs are the most popular for console gaming, some gamers prefer pedestal and other types of chairs for gaming.
Let’s check the most popular gaming chair designs on the market.
- Rocker gaming chairs: This type of gaming chair is designed with console gaming in mind. As the name implies, the chair sits on the floor, allowing you to rock – move back and forth back and forth. The high-end expensive models in this category come with speakers. The biggest drawback to rocker-style chairs is that they don’t allow you to swivel left to right.
- Pedestal gaming chairs: These chairs combine the features of wheelbase and rocker gaming chairs. While they are meant for console gaming, some gamers use these chairs with a gaming PC too. Pedestal chairs let you swivel while playing games so that you’re slightly elevated off the ground. They are on the expensive side, though.
- PC gaming style (wheelbase) chairs: These chairs are excellent with regard to comfort and mobility. Wheelbase gaming chairs deliver improved ergonomics with sturdy back support, armrests, castors, and various adjustment abilities. They allow you to spin and roll as much as you want. Some models even let you recline.
- Bean bags: Despite being humble, some bean bags are surprisingly comfortable. This fun and inexpensive option are great for console gaming. However, you will not be able to swivel and rock.
- Simulator gaming chairs: These gaming chairs are particularly popular among flight and racing simulator gamers. Some models come as all in one bundle, while others don’t include extras like flight joysticks and racing wheels. There are also custom options designed for the specific game, but they are very expensive.
We tested office chairs and racing-themed gaming chairs to determine the top 10 models. Few models stood the test of overall quality.
10 Best PC Gaming Chairs
1. Ficmax Ergonomic High-back – Best Ergonomic Gaming Chair & Our Top Pick
Extra padding and ergonomic design only can do so much. But if you’re seeking more relaxing skilfulness out of a PC gaming chair, you will wish massage functionality alike. That is where the Ficmax ergonomic high-back chair comes in. It’s tailored for those wanting an all-in-one chair that doubles as a massager.
This model is actually an upgraded version of the previous Ficmax PC gaming chairs, but it comes with far more features. It is also much more adjustable and comfortable than all previous Ficmax models.
This large-sized PC gaming chair is constructed with a racing-style padded executive design, which is completed with a USB electric massager for extra comfort. The massaging function is implanted in the lumbar cushion and along the sides. By providing a soothing pulsation, it increases comfort while relieving cramps at the same time. Plus, the adjustable footrest and armrests let you enjoy a variety of options.
In addition to strong armrests and wide backrest, the chair is also fitted with lumbar and headrest pillows to provide full comfort to your lower back and shoulders.
Why The Ficamax Ergonomic Chair is Our Top Choice
That makes the chair extremely multifunctional and suitable for different activities. Whether you are gaming, working, reading, or resting, this chair will cater to your needs. It can be even used as a personal bed. Just tilt the backrest to 180 degrees and extend the footrest when you wanna take a nap. Note that the footrest does not have a lever for automatic activation, meaning you’ll have to pull it out manually.
Yes, there are quite a few great features included. But one of the features you will especially appreciate is a USB electric massager. It will drain away from your tension piled after working all day long. You will notice a USB plug close to the lumbar cushion.
To turn it on, simply plug in a USB cord and set the switch to “-”. You should switch it to “=” for a stronger massage, and choose “o” when you want to turn it off.
As for the material, the chair is made of a high-quality PU leather covering that is rather resistant to spills and easy to clean up with a damp cloth. It’s fade-resistant, too. Besides, the inner high-density sponge features a strong permeability so that it tends to bounce back to the original shape when the chair is not in use.
- Comes with a USB electric massager
- Great comfort with plenty of added features
- High-quality PU leather with a high-density sponge material
- 90 to 180-degree tilt mechanism for backward movements
- Extremely stable and strong frame for high security
- Extendable footrest for added comfort
- It can be used in various ways
- Great customer service
- The footrest is not automatic
- The metal part on the side bolsters may present an issue for tall people
2. Homall Executive Swivel Chair – Best Gaming Chair Under $100
If you’re searching for an executive-style, simple, and cheap PC gaming chair, be sure to check out this model. The Homall Executive Swivel is a high-back office chair that offers a nice bang for your buck. While not as durable and comfortable as high-end pricey gaming chairs, it can still offer great back support and comfort.
Since it’s designed as a mixture of an office and PC gaming chair, you can utilize it for both gaming and office use. You’ll be able to sit comfortably in it for long hours while working at your office and enjoy intense moments while playing video games.
One of the key features when it comes to gaming is that the backrest allows you to freely budge since it can rock back and forth as you move. There’s a locking mechanism that lets you lock the back in place if you so desire.
With a high back, the padded armrests, and a mesh bucket seat, this racing style chair can support the sharp body movements you are likely to make when engrossing in your game. The great support and comfort also come from pleasing leather upholstery. In fact, this computer chair is largely covered in a PU leather that is proven to provide a fair comfort. That material holds up pretty well after long-term use.
Thanks to the multi-direction wheels and 360-degree swivels, the chair can move in any direction on a floor. It glides smoothly through surfaces like wooden floors, carpets, and tiles without scratching the flooring.
The Homall Executive Swivel chair comes with a heavy-duty base that is made of sturdy material. It will give you the necessary stability as you sit down, distributing your weight in an efficient manner. And, good news for heavier gamers; this chair is capable of supporting up to 280 lbs.
The mesh for the back and seat is another useful thing if you will be sitting in this chair for long periods of time day in and day out. It will let your butt breathe undisturbedly all the time.
- Surprisingly comfortable given the price
- Sturdy swivel capability
- A high-quality solid metal frame
- The PU leather covers the entire chair
- The attractive red mesh
- Decent padding all over
- Good lumbar support
- Budget friendly
- Not sufficiently high for tall people
- The seat could be a bit softer
- Limited design options
3. Herman Miller Embody Chair – Most Comfortable & High-End Gaming Chair
If you’re ready to spend a lot of money upgrading your office furniture, the best way to do it is to go for the most advanced Herman Miller’s Embody chairs. It is a big investment indeed.
However, if you’ve already sunk several thousand dollars into your office, why not pick up this precious piece, too?
This full-featured ergonomic chair integrates the best properties of other high-end models while offering a unique design. It combines high comfort with stellar design elements to deliver high-quality features.
It’s designed in such a way to provide both the flexibility and firm support. Embody stimulates oxygen and blood flow, keeping you relaxed and focused at the same time. By targeting the major sources of pressure and pain, this amazing chair enhances your health and improves your focus in the long run. According to the manufacturer, Embody can reduce stress, lower the heart rate, and keep the brain more functional.
There are a total of 6 ergonomic functions included with a goal to encourage the most beneficial posture while sitting. That way it responsively accommodates every posture you shift and cuts down on spine compression. Likewise, the adjustable controls let you customize the fit to your needs.
Flexible Backrest For Extended Sitting
Its flexible backrest provides the top-notch ergonomic support which is particularly helpful for people sitting for extended periods of time each day. The tilt technology gives 3 zones of support – for your thorax, thighs, and sitting bones. Your legs and arms won’t suffer uncomfortable pressure at all.
The chair is covered with a skin-like textile that keeps you cool by allowing air to circulate freely. You will probably like its mesh fabric that adds pleasant softness to design. Organic, graceful curves make everyone’s heart flutter. This design is not only adorable but also environmentally friendly, as the chair is even 95% recyclable.
- Amazing build, design, and performance
- Responsive ergonomic support
- Six ergonomic functions
- Fully adjustable armrest
- Dynamic matrix of pixels in the seat and backrest
- It improves blood and oxygen flow
- 12-year warranty
- Ultra expensive
- Costly replacement parts
4. DXRacer Formula Series DOH/FH11/NY Newedge Edition – Best PC Gaming Chair for the Money
For many, the DXRacer models from the Formula Series are the best gaming chairs for the money. These chairs are very popular among eSports players and teams, including Fnatic, compLexity, and Dignitas. Same goes for this particular model. From the moment you sit in this amazing chair, you will know that it’s truly built to last.
With a high backrest that supports both the neck and spine, the chair feels strong yet comfortable. You’ll be able to sit in it playing your favorite games for hours without feeling any discomfort. It isn’t just excellent for gaming but for hard-working as well. You can use it as an office chair when spending long hours writing extensive projects or studying. Moreover, it’s perfect for power naps when you want to get relaxed after a busy day of work and play.
It’s all about your protection and comfort. The ergonomic design involves a flexible high backrest that protects neck and spine, lumbar & headrest cushions for extra comfort, and 3D adjustable armrests that protect wrists and shoulders.
As far as the materials, the chair is covered with a breathable PU leather and completed with a strong mesh. With a 5-point metal base and tubular steel frame, the chair gives excellent stability. It is also equipped with a cold cure high-density foam that comes in handy when you spend long hours sitting in the chair. Additionally, the seat can be lowered to a convenient position thanks to the angle adjuster. This feature is particularly useful for long overtime night sessions.
The DXRacer Formula chair is ideal for people under 6’2 (1.88 meters) in height who are under 300 pounds (136 kg). Yet, it doesn’t provide full back support to tall guys.
- Remarkable construction and styling
- Conventional tilt mechanism
- Strong mesh and PU leather covering
- A dense cold cure foam
- Wonderful reclining feature
- Comfortable armrests
- High backrest
- Feels slightly firm when new
- Bar in seat may dig into the legs
5. GTracing Ergonomic – Best Racing Gaming Chair
Most racing PC gaming chairs come with a hefty price tag. That should not come as a surprise considering they are modeled like the fancy chairs that can be found in fast racing cars.
Aside from offering great comfort, they’re also supposed to embody a sleek, sport-like aesthetic. Most gamers cannot afford pricey racing chairs, though. This is where the GTRacing Gaming Office chairs come in.
This ergonomic chair is relatively cheap, but the low price doesn’t sacrifice its quality. What’s more, it’s designed as a stylish, luxurious product with all the necessary features a PC racing chair needs to have.
The chair contains a 5-point base, 360-degree swivel, and heavy-duty smooth-rolling casters. It can rock both back and forth. Due to the seat-height function and adjustable backrest, it supports various sitting positions guiding you to the most convenient sitting posture. The backrest is equipped with a safety angle that allows you to lean your back up to 170 degrees.
When it comes to the materials, the chair boasts a strong metal frame and easy-to-clean comfortable artificial leather exterior. There are also removable neck and lumbar pillows for supreme comfort. They make the chair perfect for long-hours gaming, working, and studying.
The GTracing Ergonomic Gaming chair is designed with an impressive 330-pound weight limit. It doesn’t skimp on the sitting room since there is ample space in the seat area. Keep in mind that some assembly is needed after receiving this chair, which shouldn’t be a problem with the easy-to-follow instructions included.
- The backrest can be adjusted anywhere from 90 to 170 degrees
- Can accommodate a load of up to 330 lbs
- A detachable headrest
- Good lumbar support
- Easy to clean artificial leather
- It’s available in lots of dual color options
- Affordable price
- The seat is pretty stiff when new
- The colors may feel overly loud for some people
- No footrest for maximum comfort
6. Merax High Back Computer Chair – Top Build & Lumbar Support
The Merax has been hitting the market with their own version of racing-style gaming chairs, understanding the gamers’ demand for ultimate comfort. With that in mind, the company has created a number of comfortable gaming chairs that give all you could ever need. That’s how the model in question came about on the market.
With outstanding features and design, this product can meet the most demanding desires of keen gamers. It features a brand new racing style design with the high-quality PU leather, high backrest as well as deep soft padding on back and seat. Coupled with the bodies natural shape, it results in complete comfort.
For enhanced flexibility, there is an upright lock and a tilt function supported by a 360-degree swivel. Moreover, the chair is fitted with adjustable armrests alike.
Heavy Duty Lift
You will even have the ability to adjust the height as per your convenience thanks to the strong castors and heavy-duty lift which can hold weight up to 250 lbs. Although this weight capacity is somewhat lower compared to other gaming chairs we have reviewed, it’s sufficient for the vast majority of users.
All in all, the Merax High Back racing chair is pretty impressive given the price. That’s why we recommend it to all gamers who are seeking comfort and affordability in one product.
- Modern racer style design
- Upholstered with deep padding on back and seat cushions for superior comfort
- The back is adjustable up to 180 degrees
- Headrest pillow and lumbar support
- Upright lock & tilt function
- Ergonomic backrest support
- Top-quality PU leather
- Armrests are prone to wobble to either side after the short time
- Lower lumbar support can’t stay in position all the while
- Difficult to install
7. Deerhunter Gaming Chair – Best Reclining Gaming Chair
Those searching for a fashioned, ergonomically designed PC gaming chair with an excellent cover as well as soft sitting and resting area should take a look at this product. Let’s why this chair is considered to be one of the best deals you can find today on the market.
First and foremost, the Deerhunter Gaming chair is designed for the best sitting posture and maximum function. What you will surely love about this high back ergonomic chair is how it reclines.
Due to a full-length backrest, it can recline between 90 and 170 degrees. That makes the chair ideal for taking an afternoon rest or nap. In addition, the chair can adjust through various height levels.
You will also love comfort and relief you get while playing the games. Since the Deerhunter Gaming chair is adapted from the top-notch racing car bucket seats, you will get the similar comfort. It offers a great balance of performance and comfort, which makes it convenient for even the most blistering gaming sessions. The solid armrests are adjustable allowing you to get the most out of your resting position.
This model is actually meant to provide advanced weight distribution and lateral support by conforming to any particular body shape. With cushioned lumbar and head pillows, the chair provides supreme comfort customization.
High-quality materials are used to generate anti-fatigue, customizable seating fit for the most demanding needs. The Deerhunter Gaming chair is covered with waterproof, soft signature PU leather and cushioned with cold-cured foam for a heavenly usage experience.
Lastly, there are rollers with silent brake casters which make the chair effortless to move. It silently glides in any direction and is completely safe for moving on the hardwood floors.
- Inspired by racing car chairs
- Adjustable height, ergonomic design
- Full-length recline
- Stress relief mechanism
- Head and lumbar pillows are soft
- Cushioned with cold-cure foam
- Quality core materials
- Threads that connect the base with the seat tend to strip
- Holes for the screws aren’t big enough
- Armrests aren’t so strong and are prone to wobble
8. X Rocker Sound Office Chair – Best Gaming Chair with Speakers
If you are a hardcore gamer, chances are good that you spend more than five hours a day sitting in a chair. While you are gaming for long hours, you need a PC chair that supports your back without ruining your spine. That’s why you need the best PC gaming chair for your money, such as the X Rocker Sound Office chair.
Designed as an advanced office chair with sound, this model will take your gaming experience to the next level. It’s created with comfort and health in mind.
Bluetooth Speakers Builtin
That said, it comes with a 2.0 Bluetooth technology that is mated to a premium lithium-ion battery which can charge the chair for more than 4 hours of intense use. There are also two stereo speakers planted in the chair’s headrest for the complete sound immersion experience.
Attractive and durable vinyl seating surface gives you the practical usage, look, and comfort of an office desk chair. Besides, the arms and base of the chair ensure that you have the best ergonomic seating position.
All of this makes the X Rocker Sound Office chair great for gaming, watching TV, reading, and relaxing. No matter what you do, you will simultaneously enjoy listening to music. The chair comes with separate bass and volume controls, allowing you to listen to music with RCA outputs or headset from any source. Just choose your favorite songs and enjoy to the fullest!
- Looks great in the office or at home
- 0 Bluetooth technology with Li-ion battery
- Comes with two stereo speakers
- Offers ergonomic seating position
- Equipped with tilt and swivel
- Attractive and durable vinyl seating surface
- Speakers are low quality and unreliable
- Shortage in the wiring
9. BestOffice Mid Back Mesh Ergonomic Office Chair – Best Swivel Gaming Chair
Looking for a new office desk chair? Are you on a tight budget? Well, the BestOffice Mid Back office chair could be a great choice for you.
This company has been around for decades, creating high-quality office furniture at affordable prices. Those chairs are ideal for small companies looking to purchase lots of desk office chairs at once. They are great for individuals as well.
Things we particularly love about this model is its spring tilt control mechanism, heavy-duty metal base, and excellent mobility. The BestOffice computer chair comprises a sturdy metal base, unlike its similarly priced competitors that mainly use a cheap plastic base.
It can hold a load of up to 225 pounds. The swivel function is another big plus. It makes this chair easy to turn and twist without effort, making it ideal for moving around an office.
Any drawbacks? Yes, of course. You cannot expect to get an impeccable product for such a low price. One of the major issues is limited adjustability that makes this chair only appropriate for a certain size and shape.
Further Review of the BestOffice Mid Back Chair
The maximum seat height is only 23 inches so that it is not suitable for tall desks. The width is quite limited, too. Measuring 19 inches in width, the seat is merely suited to small-to-average sized frames.
Another problem about this chair is related to the mesh material. The chair is designed with a mesh upholstered seat and open-air mesh back to keep you cool. That’s great when it comes to breathability and flexibility, but it may cause discomfort in some users. This material feels scratchy and hence irritates the skin.
Furthermore, there’s no lumbar cushion included, so you’re advised to increase support by adding a pillow or cushion when using the chair.
- Sleek, stylish design
- Sturdy construction
- Heavy-duty metal base
- Spring tilt control mechanism
- Fine mesh upholstered seat
- Excellent mobility
- Limited adjustability
- Mesh material may cause discomfort
- Very narrow
10. High Back Racing Car Style Bucket Seat – Highly Comfortable & Most Padded Arm Rest
Here’s another racing style chair that offers extra comfort. This race chair comes with a comfortable backrest that supports your back by molding around your body. It features a high backrest in order to entirely support your spine.
With a unique feel and appearance, it doubles up as a gaming chair, unlike many desk chairs that are only intended for office use. The chair is fitted with a 5-point metal base that comes along with gas spring.
This means you will be able to adjust different heights in accordance with your computer desk or as per your needs. That allows you to have a safe and comfortable experience during super long workdays.
Pneumatic bucket seat, back, and armrests are padded with PU leather that is very soft and comfortable. There is also mesh for increased breathability. In addition, the chair boasts an elegant nylon base.
Other things worth mentioning include the load capacity of 250 pounds, as well as 360-degree swivel wheels that let the chair run smoothly on the floor.
- Extremely comfortable back
- Soft bucket seat
- Fairly high backrest (28.5 inches)
- Stable five-point metal base
- Adjustable height
- Comfortable armrests
- Soft PU leather upholstery
- Armrest material tears up easily
- Not so durable construction
- It does not rock
How to Pick the Right Gaming Chair for You
With so many gaming chairs on the market, it can be difficult to choose one. As always, you should pick a model that best suits your needs. Here are several things to consider when searching for the best gaming chair:
- Allocate a budget – The price and quality of gaming chairs vary greatly. Luckily, many cheap options are cozy and offer many amenities and features that can be found in expensive gaming chairs.
- Test it out – Unless you shop online, you need to test a gaming chair before making up your mind. It’s a good idea to test out several models and narrow down your choices. This is a unique opportunity to get a feel for the chair.
- Know your dimensions and weight – Make sure the chair can support at least twenty pounds above your weight. If you are a taller guy, you’ll want a bit higher gaming chair. Also, ensure that the chair moves close to your desk.
- Balance aesthetics and comfort – Thankfully, most PC gaming chairs don’t require to sacrifice aesthetics for comfort or vice versa. There is a wide range of themed options with a specific color scheme. Many chair manufacturers offer unique designs and styles. Whatever your gaming needs, consider comfort besides aesthetics for best results.
If you looking for one of the top gaming chairs, read this review by a true gamer.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a PC Gaming Chair
In addition to these considerations, you should also take into account how you’re using your gaming chair. Ask yourself the following questions when purchasing a new chair:
- How long would you like to use it? Some gaming chairs are extremely sturdy and made to last for more than 20 years. Yet they are usually quite expensive.
- Do you plan on using a gaming chair in professional settings? If yes, you should buy a PC gaming style chair rather than a racer.
- Do you move and yank frequently when playing video games? If you are moving vigorously and frequently during gaming sessions, your chair is at a higher risk of taking a tumble. That’s why you want to make sure it is durable and strong enough.
- Are you sweating profusely? If so, you want a gaming chair that features breathable mesh material. Otherwise, go for the leather option.
- Do you have special requirements? People with bad backs prioritize lower back support. Others may prioritize racing chairs that allow them to mount a steering wheel. Consider your personal requirements when searching for a gaming chair.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a PC Gaming Chair
Most manufacturers strive to make highly attractive gaming chairs with short-cuts in their manufacture and design.
Nicely designed models tend to be as comfy as reclining loungers, whereas the heavy-duty ones aim to remain functional and stable for a long time.
So, how to determine which one is right for you? Read on to find out the critical things you must consider before buying a PC gaming chair.
Ergonomics is by far the most important consideration for gamers. The best PC gaming chair is supposed to support your spine and improve your posture by offering plenty of adjustment options.
Therefore, it should provide arm and lumbar support along with a number of seat adjustment controls. That will let you customize the chair based on your body type and height.
Here are the key ergonomic features to look for:
- Height (elevation) adjustment – A regular ergonomic feature for the overwhelming majority of office and gaming chairs.
- Armrest height control – Not every gaming chair has height-adjustable armrests. But it’s well worth it. Armrest elevation can considerably diminish strain on your arms and shoulders.
- Backrest lock – This ergonomic feature allows you to lock down the tilting position of your chair at a preferred position, i.e. angle. That way you won’t have to adjust the seating stance every now and again.
- Tension control – It implies the amount of tautness you apply while leaning back in the chair. This feature lets you stiffen or loosen your chair by fine-tuning the degree of stiffness in the tilt mechanism of the backrest.
- Seat slide – This useful feature enables a user to slide the seat pan backward or forward in relation to the position of the tilting backrest. That eventually results in enhanced flexibility and comfort alike.
Ergonomics and comfort typically come hand in hand. The gamers are inclined to sit in front of the computer for prolonged periods of time.
You should sit comfortably when playing the games for long hours, right? That’s why comfort is an essential thing to look for when picking the best PC gaming chair. Otherwise, you may suffer severe back pains.
Whether a certain chair is cozy for you or not mostly depends on how well it fits you. As a rule of thumb, the more ways you can fine-tune your chair, the more comfortable you’ll get.
Back support, headrests, armrests, and padding are some of the fine-tuned adjustments that are commonly added to the PC gaming chairs. This also increases their comfort.
If you wanna buy a chair that is capable of lasting for a long time, make sure to find out what it’s made of. Does it largely use plastic or steel? Is it made of cloth or leather?
Always pick the chair which is made of high-quality materials because such a chair is made for durability. A steel frame is proven to last longer than a plastic one. By the way, it can hold greater weight.
As for to the padding, there are usually two options to choose from; a cloth padding and leather padding. This criterion appears to be highly subjective. Some people find that leather is more comfortable, while others prefer cloth padding.
More and more manufacturers tend to create gaming chairs with leather padding, but the choice is yours.
Many PC gaming chairs combine PU leather with synthetic mesh to cater to any specific body temperature. While the leather retains heat and hence is a good asset for those running on the colder side, the mesh material is very breathable so it’s more suitable for those people who run warm and sweat a lot.
That’s why it is important to choose a material that would be most convenient for the temperature of your own body experiences while you play games.
We would be lying if we say that appearance isn’t important. That doesn’t mean the chair should be a piece of art or an aesthetic masterpiece. But you certainly won’t enjoy a gaming chair that doesn’t look or feel fancy.
Sturdy-looking, solid models are typically more durable and designed to last. Nonetheless, many gamers prefer flashy models that are sparklingly themed and colored to match the appearance of gaming space at their home.
For example, a racing-themed chair is likely to be ideal for your gaming haven if you’re seeking a genuine feel for a realistic racing play.
Some gamers, especially those who are the minimalist type, prefer the look of dark all-black leather while the others appreciate synthetic webbing. Therefore, aim to choose a style that would be a good fit for your gaming area and in tune with your own spirit.
The color needs to be kept in mind, too. Choose a gaming chair that will match the color scheme of walls and furniture in your room. Otherwise, it will look like something out of place.
As you probably know, chair casters (also called office gliders) are the wheels included in the gaming seat to let you move freely while sitting. Thanks to those wheels you don’t have to push the chair nor stand up when wanting to move around your room or office.
Since the casters are the lowest part of the chair, they are meant to take a heavy beating while carrying the heavy burden. And, that’s where the problems come up.
A broken caster is a common occurrence with many office chairs since most manufacturers don’t use more expensive heavy-duty casters for their office chairs. Luckily, there is an abundance of caster replacements on the market today.
But just as with the PC gaming chairs, not all chair casters are manufactured the same. Be sure to choose the chair with the casters that won’t scratch your floors. These are the 3 main types of chair casters:
- Hardwood casters – Those are made of polyurethane and/or soft rubber to eliminate floor scratching.
- Carpet casters – They are made of hard plastic which prevents them from tangling up when rolling through the fibers of carpets and mats.
- Dual casters – They are designed to spread out the weight evenly on both wheels and thus protect both themselves and floors from single-point pressure.
While most PC gaming chairs are constructed for the average user, there are also models created with the demands of taller or bigger people in mind. So if you wanna have a chair that will be comfortable to sit in for hours, make sure to choose the right size.
Some of the popular models out there come with unique features like wireless receivers, input/output jacks, speakers, massagers, and much more. While those features are cool, we recommend choosing the chairs that can provide comfort without using lots of fancy bells and whistles.
Why a Good Ergonomic Chair Is a Necessity for Gamers?
Sitting is something we do each day. When waking up from the bed, the first thing most of us do is take a seat at our computer. If you are used to sitting long hours in front of your computer day in and day out, then it’s essential to stress health awareness and comfort. Even youthful gamers shouldn’t ignore this.
In the long run, spending days seated for prolonged periods of time leads to adverse effects. That’s why it is so important to have an ergonomic chair. Such a chair promotes healthy sitting. Proper posture and seating are crucial to the well-being and long-term health.
Since most gamers are inclined to spend a lot of time sitting and playing video games every single day, a good ergonomic chair is a necessity for them. It can reduce back pain and improve blood flow. However, having a well-designed ergonomic gaming chair is not enough.
That’s because an ergonomic chair alone will not prevent a neck or spinal damage if you regularly spend extended periods of time in a seated position. Aside from maintaining an appropriate posture, it’s also important to take short breaks during the game and between plays. Get up from the chair and move around every so often.
What Makes a PC Chair a Gaming Chair?
Gaming chairs may not considerably differ from PC office chairs at first glance. In fact, they are kind of like traditional desk chairs on steroids.
Computer gaming chairs are designed with much more flair in order to hold more weight and let the gamers feel the ideal blend of support and comfort for long-haul gaming sessions.
That being said, gaming chairs are typically large, and they come with big armrests as well as extended backrests that support the head. Most models also have a swiveling base with caster wheels that enable you to freely roll and spin. One may argue that “high-executive” office chairs look pretty similar. Well, there are a few key differences.
First, the style and color options are very different. While most office chairs feature traditional seat designs with earth tones and dark colors, gaming chairs typically come in various color options. Even the predominantly black models have plenty of eye-catching conspicuous accents.
Second, PC gaming chairs are designed to be extremely adjustable. They offer some options that can be found in office chairs, such as height and tilt. However, they also offer some special options like adjustable armrests that can be pivoted, glided, and moved up and down.
Lastly, the majority of gaming chairs are reclinable. While the angle adjustments between the back and seat of the chair are pretty limited in office chairs, gaming chairs have a lever that allows you to lean back smoothly.
All of the aforesaid features make gaming chairs more comfortable and sturdier so that they can be used in a variety of gaming situations.
Additionally, some of the gaming chairs also include other unique features, such as in-built headrest speakers for enhanced immersion. These extra features set gaming chairs apart from PC office chairs.
What are the Benefits of Using a Gaming Chair?
When speaking of benefits, comfort is the key feature. All gaming chairs are typically designed with convenience and comfort in mind. That makes then favorable for prolonged sitting and long gaming sessions.
They comprise a whole host of constructional features to be friendly on the spine and allow gamers to spend hours in the seated position. The most important comfort features include:
- Extra padding – Gaming chairs are typically made with soft yet strong materials that don’t cave in easily. They come with extra padding that’s beneficial for the spine and overall comfort. Gaming chairs have bucket seats, especially the racing models used in simulators, rather than frumpy armchair-like seats.
- Additional support – With extra lumbar support, bucket-style seating, padded armrest areas, neck cushions, and other design elements gaming chairs give good support not only for the back but also for the shoulders, wrists, and feet. These areas take more strain and experience fatigue.
- Adjustability – Gaming chairs are adjustable for many different angles thanks to the 90-degree angle lean radius. This feature allows you to tune up the angle of the backrest and get the perfect posture. A proper posture can reduce the stiffness in your neck and increase your blood circulation alike. Plus, many tall and big gaming chairs are constructed to pivot around 360 degrees for the best gaming experience.
- Built-in gadgets – The features like audio compatibility and wireless connectivity will make a big difference in the way you play the games.
Can a Gaming Chair Improve Gameplay?
Yes, they can, but not directly and on certain factors. What does it mean? Gaming chairs improve gameplay via immersion and comfort.
Having a good gaming chair is almost as important as having the greatest mechanical keyboard or the right mouse. This will improve your gameplay experience.
The key is to feel comfortable as you play your favorite games. Being more comfortable while playing can improve your focus so that you can concentrate on the game more. When combined with sound experience, it can make the game feel more realistic and get the most out of your game.
That’s where immersion comes into play. As mentioned above, the top-notch gaming chairs come with in-built speakers. A chair featuring immersive sound is going to make you more alert and vigilant when danger lurks in the shadows. This mainly depends on the quality of a speaker system and headphones you’re using during the play.
What Ages are PC Gaming Chairs For?
There are chairs designed specifically to cater to youngsters and kids in particular. Yet, most gaming chairs are made to be suitable for people of all ages. The ones we’ve highlighted in this review are all suited for adults.
The only limiting factors could be the weight and height of the user. That’s why you should look at the specific numbers that refer to the chair size. This will help you determine if height or weight would be a problem.
Ready to Buy The Right Gaming Chair For You?
Whether you are a casual or professional gamer who spends dozen gaming hours weekly, a PC chair is supposed to be an integral part of your gaming haven.
This is why you should buy the best PC gaming chair that will enhance your productivity while preventing any ache or injury that may interrupt your game.
So, make sure you do research enough prior to buying a new gaming chair for your PC.
That chair should offer maximum comfort and serve you for a long time. Your best bet is to choose a chair that meets industry standards and your needs alike.
Also, if you’re a pro gamer and need some help with setting up your stream, check out our gaming articles. What’s your favorite gaming chair? Share with us below!