Even after being so popular, Clownfish is also known to experience errors quite frequently. One of the most common errors that the end-users tend to face is “Clownfish Not Working.” It is mostly applicable to Skype when the users encounter errors related to the Clownfish application not working properly.
Clownfish is a popular voice translator that is utilized by an array of communication applications, including Discord, Skype, and so more. It is known to feature an array of high-end specifications, including real-time voice translation for a series of multiple languages along with getting support for changing the voice pitch. Clownfish is regarded as one of the most popular voice changer applications that are available out there.
It either starts facing problems with working or fails to work completely on your system. In this post, we will help you unravel the common error of Clownfish not working properly and how to fix the same with easy steps.
Common Reasons for the “Clownfish Not Working” Error
The given technical problem of “Clownfish not working” could be the result of various reasons –right from using the incompatible version of Skype to the microphone not being synced properly. Here are some of the common reasons that you could spot for the given problem:
Incompatibility with Skype or Discord
This turns out to be one of the most common reasons for the occurrence of the error. When the given applications tend to be incompatible, they would either conflict or contradict with the Clownfish application. Therefore, the application’s working would get affected. Initially, some minor glitches starting showing up in the program. Eventually, the problem of “Clownfish Voice Changer Not Working” starts appearing on the screen.
Another common reason for the “Clownfish not working” error to occur is because of the presence of an unsynced microphone of the given application. This might occur when you might have mistakenly turned off the syncing option. At the same time, it could also occur when the microphone might have simply failed to sync properly.
Solutions to the “Clownfish Not Working” Problem
1.Update Clownfish to the Latest App Version
The outdated app version of Clownfish could be a reason for the application not working properly. For fixing this problem, you can follow the series of steps as:
- Select Control Panel in your PC’s search bar and open the same.
- Advance to the section “Uninstall Programs.”
- Once you come across the application “Clownfish Voice Changer,” click on the same and select the option “Uninstall.”
- Now, you can advance to the official website of Clownfish Voice Changer application, and download its latest version.
- Install the app and restart the PC.
2.Install Microphone in Clownfish
As problem-related to microphone syncing is one of the major reasons for the occurrence of the given error, it is imperative for you to ensure that the microphone of the app is working correctly. You should ensure that the microphone is connected well to the device and is working fine.
- Launch the Clownfish Voice Changer app. Right-click on the Clownfish icon, and select the option “taskbar.”
- You can also launch the same by using the ^ icon present in the right corner of the taskbar. Then, you are expected to select the option “Setup.” Complete the process by choosing “System Integration.”
- Go forward with selecting the particular microphone and ensuring that the same is working fine. Click on the option “install” and then, reboot the PC.
- It is also important to check whether or not the microphone features the latest drivers.
- You can consider downloading the latest microphone drivers from the official website of the manufacturer.
3.Checking the Version of Skype
Initially, Microsoft responded to the given error by stating that systems without the presence of the SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 2), the instruction set is not going to be compatible with the latest version of Skype. In case Skype is not fully compatible with the given device, then there are several features that will not be activated.
If Clownfish is not working properly on Skype, here are some steps to resolve the issue:
- Open the Skype application on your PC. Once you have opened the application, you should select the profile picture that is located on the top-left side of the PC’s window.
- You will encounter a new pop-up window. Now, you should go ahead with selecting “About This Version” option from the available list.
- You can get access to all the respective version details. In case you have an older PC, it is recommended that you should downgrade to the 7.5 version. Once you have downgraded the given version, the chances are that you can continue using Clownfish without any problem.
4.Installing the Application in Some Default Location
In case Clownfish is still working, you can prepare your way for further scenarios. Therefore, you can consider installing the given application in some default location.
By the term “default location,” it is implied that you can install the same at the initial location of installation offered by the installer. Most of us do not tend to install the applications in the default location –we tend to select E or D drives.
For achieving the same, here are some steps to follow:
- Press the key Windows + R. On the screen, type “appwiz.cpl” in the respective dialogue box. Press enter. From the available list of the applications that are displayed on the screen, select the option “Clownfish.” Right-click on the same, and select the option “Uninstall.”
- Once you have the application uninstalled, you can head to the official website of Clownfish, and then download its latest version.
- Now, you are expected to run the installer on PC. When the location option for the application’s installation comes up, you should not change the install location. You are simply required to go ahead with the option “Next.”
- Once you have installed the application, you can restart the PC and check whether or not the problem has been solved.
You can also check whether or not there is some problem with the antivirus application installed in your PC.