Err internet disconnected or err_internet_disconnected means that your internet connection is lost for an unknown reason. This mainly happens in the browsers Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, both on desktop computers and phones or tablets.
It is worth noting despite the fact that this is the most common mistake in these browsers, it is by no means connected with browsers, there can be many reasons for its appearance, so you will have to try various methods to eliminate it.
Err Internet Disconnected Solutions
The following are some effective ways to help you solve the Err_Internet_Disconnected problem. And it is better to execute them in order, so to speak, from global to particular.
1.Check Your Internet Connection
The Err Internet Disconnected suggests that the computer is disconnected from the Internet. First of all, you need to check the status of the network connection of your computer and router.
- We check the connection icon if it has disappeared, recall that the active connection looks like this and the disconnected
- We check the wires themselves, their integrity, pull out and insert them back into the sockets.
- If there are other computers, tablets, see if there is a connection to them.
- If we have a router (router), we’ll examine if everything is okay with it and if those lights that were on before that are on (the problem may be on the provider’s side).
- Turn off the power on the router, wait 5 minutes and turn it on again. If there is no power button, you can disconnect the power cable from it or pull it out of the socket.
- After switching on, wait another 3-4 minutes to initialize the equipment and then check the connection.
If all else fails, then move on.
2.Internet Provider Problems
The reason for the lack of communication may be the provider, as an example, a technical equipment failure, cable break, etc. or maybe not paid on the internet?
What can be done?
- Call the provider and check if they have everything in order
- Explain your situation by saying that everything is fine with you, in some cases the provider “reboots” the equipment on its side and the problems disappear
- Contact friends who also use the services of this provider, asking them for problems
- Go to your router settings and see if there is a connection to the provider
3.Disable the firewall
Although it is not recommended to disable the firewall, since it is necessary to ensure the security of your system, we must do this to exclude this option. In some cases, it can still block connections or protocols, which leads to the inability to open sites and the Err internet disconnected error.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Find the item Windows Firewall
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off
- And at all points, select Disable Windows Firewall
- Close all windows and check Internet availability.
In modern antiviruses, in addition to proactive protection against viruses, there are often modules for analyzing network activity and independent firewalls. To exclude this option, disable antivirus protection for several minutes.
Antiviruses usually provide the ability to disable protection temporarily. To do this, find its icon in the taskbar next to the clock and right-click on it. Find Exit or Pause protection there. In some cases, you will have to remove the antivirus program and then reinstall it.
The next reason may be the automatic change of LAN settings. It would be best if you went into the browser properties, you can go through the control panel, and we will show a universal way. Press the combination of buttons +R and enter:
A window will appear in which we go to the security tab and click the Network Settings button. Uncheck the box with Automatic detection of parameters and Use proxy server, Try to refresh the page in the browser, doesn’t work? Move on.
6.Reset TCP / IP and clear DNS records
The Reinitialization of TCP / IP also helped with some network problems. All you need is:
- Run the command line as an administrator. To do this, in Windows Search (magnifying glass icon), enter the Command line and in the search results, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- We enter the following commands one by one, after each press the ‘Enter’ button.
ipconfig / flushdns
ipconfig / renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
7.Clear Browser History
We will not write off the browser from the accounts, as apparently, the previous options did not help. You need to resort to resetting your browser. But first, try using any other web browser. For example, if you use Chrome, try opening the site through Internet Explorer.
- Push shortcut Ctrl + H in Chrome browser
- On the left in the menu, we are looking for the item Clear history
- Choose a cookie, the data of the placed applications will be enough
- If this doesn’t help, then you can try resetting Chrome. As a result, all settings will be reset, and all plugins will be disabled, the account will exit !!!, all tabs will be detached, but passwords, history and data will be saved. To do this, you need:
- In the upper right corner go to Settings
- Select Advanced at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Reset button in the appropriate section.
- Confirm action
8.Network Card Drivers
Rarely, but it still happens that the drivers of your network card are damaged. As a result, the piece of iron responsible for communication does not work correctly. You need to try reinstalling the drivers for your hardware. Alternatively, you can install updated driver versions (if available).
ATTENTION!!! For the following manipulations, a driver disk may be required for your equipment, since there is no Internet access and the system may not find the driver on the computer and will not be able to download it from the network
- Go to Device Manager
- Find the Network Adapters section
- Find your network card, right-click and select Delete. This will remove the driver from the system
- Right-click on any of the items and select Update Hardware Configuration. The system will find an uninstalled driver and rearrange it.
I hope the above steps have been able to help you fix the INTERNET DISCONNECTED error in Chrome, but if you still have any questions about this guide or the “Err_Internet_Disconnected” error, please feel free to ask in the comments section.