MOV is a commonly used video format nowadays. It’s the default video format for all Apple’s devices; besides, if you record videos with Canon camera, DJI Drone or GoPro, you’ll see that the videos are all in MOV format. However, things could be a little complicated when you try to play a MOV file on Windows PC or Android device.
Problems you may encounter when playing MOV files
- Media programs can’t recognize MOV files.
Actually, MOV is not supported by many kinds of programs. Although Windows DVD Player claims it supports MOV files, there are still some errors while playing. It maybe failed to open MOV files because of codec incompatibility. As for Android, it does not even support MOV.
- MOV video playback errors
Even if some programs support MOV, there will be problems during playback. MOV files may freeze, be choppy during playback; sometimes, you might also find there’s no sound or video audio out of sync with the video.
- MOV files import & edit errors
Some professional editors love MOV files due to their high resolution. But MOV files could encounter some issues, or can’t be imported to Adobe Premiere, Lightroom, Sony Vegas, or Davinci for editing. So editors have to change MOV to other formats for easy uploading and editing.
- MOV files occupy a lot of storage
High resolution directly leads to the large file size occupied. Meanwhile, large file sizes influence the smoothness of uploading and transferring. If users upload MOV files online, the processing time could be really long. The worst thing is, the transfer would be fail if the file is too large.
If you insist on MOV files, then here is a powerful video player recommended for you.
Play MOV files with 5KPlayer
5KPlayer is a free video player that is designed for 4K videos in MOV, MKV, and other formats. It allows users to play MOV files on Windows 10 without format conversion. With the tool, users can easily play any videos without third-party help.
Features provided by 5KPlayer
- Play MOV/ MKV files without format conversion
- A video player equipped with hardware acceleration tech
- Play videos/ music in all popular formats, such as MP4, AVI, HEVC, WMV, MP3, FLAC, etc.
- It supports AirPlay and DLNA wireless stream
- It supports streaming video/ audio for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc.
5KPlayer can only be used on the PC or Mac platform. If users want to play MOV files on portable devices like Android phones/ tablets, then they can use a video converter to help them convert MOV to MP4.
Convert MOV to MP4 with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
If you’re seeking the most effective way to help you solve MOV playback errors, here comes the WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. It’s an all-in-one video converter that helps you convert MOV to MP4, since MP4 is universally compatible.
WinX Video Converter is a GPU-accelerated 4K/HD video converter that supports converting MOV to MP4 with no quality loss. It is not just a video converter, but also a compressor. What’s more, it’s equipped with a slideshow creator, which enables users to create their photos into an amazing slideshow from their library.
Features provided by WinX Video Converter
- It helps convert MOV to MP4 format smoothly and flawlessly
- It reduces file size by up to 90%, and won’t affect the quality
- It takes advantage of Level-3 hardware acceleration to decode and encode large 1080P/ 4K or high-frame video at the super-fast processing speed.
- It supports multiple input and output video/ audio formats
- The built-in video editor allows users to crop, trim, add subtitles and set parameters
- User-friendly for both professional and new-beginners
How to convert MOV to MP4 in 3 steps
Step 1: Launch WinX Video Converter then upload your source video.
Step 2: There will pop up a profile choosing windows. Select MP4 here.
Step 3: Click the “Run” button to convert MOV to MP4.
There’re also some advanced functions. If you enable the “Use high-quality engine”, you’ll get a better image quality video. You can also combine all clips you imported into one by clicking the “merge” button.
- Are there any other video converters that can help convert MOV to MP4?
Sure! There are numerous video converters in the software market. Some popular programs like Movavi, Wondershare Uniconverter, VLC, Handbrake, etc. are all powerful enough to meet all your needs. You can choose the most suitable one according to your needs.
- Maybe I can convert MOV to MP4 with QuickTime?
If you’re a Mac OS user and don’t want to download other applications, then you can try the native app QuickTime Player to convert MOV format.
Step 1: Open QuickTime Player on your Dock.
Step 2: Click “File” to add a MOV video
Step 3: Click File – Export, then choose MP4
Step 4: Hit “Save” to save your MP4 file
- Why is it recommended to convert MOV to MP4? Can I convert it to other formats?
Of course, you can. Well, MP4 is the most popular video format these days. It has good compatibility, and basically, almost all media programs support MP4. What’s more, videos in MP4 format rarely have problems during playback.
If you want to convert MOV to other formats, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe provides you with virtually all kinds of video formats to select.
- How to convert MOV to MP4 without installing extra applications?
If you don’t want to download desktop software, there are some online tools that can help you. Take Convertio as an example.
You can visit https://convertio.co/zh/mov-mp4 to convert MOV files to MP4 online.
In a word, converting MOV to MP4 is the easiest and quickest way to solve MOV playback errors. WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe provides you with the best option to do that task. It has no size limit, fast conversion speed, and excellent output quality. Users can set the advanced parameter settings according to their needs.