Basically, Instup.exe is a type of program file, which is part of the Avast Antivirus. This antivirus software is developed by one of the most popular antivirus software developer Avast.
The function of the Instup.exe file is to launch the installer and update the antivirus. But the problem is that this file seems to cause problems for some users. Let’s find out what problems it can cause and what you can do to diagnose and fix these issues by following a few simple methods.
What is Avast Antivirus?
In case you don’t know, Avast Antivirus is a type of software program that protects your computer from computer worms, Trojans, malware, and different types of viruses.
The mentioned file is run to launch the installer or allow the program to update the virus definition database. Without updating this database, your machine remains vulnerable to new viruses.
What is This Antivirus Designed For?
Unlike what most people think, this antivirus is not designed for Microsoft Windows OS only. It can be installed on installed on other operating systems, such as Android and Mac OS as well. However, for these operating systems, you don’t have to have the instup.exe file. If you seem to have problems with your PC or Mac OS due to this file, you can disable it easily.
The File location on your PC
If you have high CPU/Disk usage and you have Avast Antivirus on your machine, chances are that the instup.exe is the culprit. This type of file can harm your computer because it may be infected with a Trojan, malware or virus. Once you are sure that the file is creating problems with your PC, you can take the necessary steps to get rid of it.
If you want to locate this file on your PC, you can go to the Task Manager. As said earlier, this file is not essential for the software to function; therefore, you can go ahead and enable/disable it whenever you want. It won’t take more than a few seconds as long as you know how to do it. All you need to do is select the Instup.exe from the list of programs in the control panel. Once selected, you can right click on it and hit End Task in windows 10. That’s it. You have got rid of the issue.
Why Does Instup.exe Error Occur?
The Instup.exe is an executable file, which is why it can cause different types of errors on your personal computer. Given below are the three most common errors caused by this setup file. You can easily fix these errors by following the steps described below.
- Insteup.exe application error
- Can’t find insteup.exe
- Instup.exe failed
Without further ado, let’s find out how you can fix all types of errors and system issues caused by Instup.exe once and for all. Make sure you understand these steps and follow the steps carefully. You don’t want to end up uninstalling other important files.
Instup.exe High Disk Usage
This is one of the most common problems caused by this file. A similar problem is high CPU usage, which can be fixed by following the same steps.
You may notice sluggish system performance because of this infected file, which may prevent you from doing your office work or playing games at proper frame rate.
Fortunately, you can follow the following 5 steps to fix this issue once and for all:
- First of all, go to the Start menu and launch Avast Antivirus on your computer.
- Head to the UI and hit the settings
- Once you have clicked Settings, it will show a troubleshooting option. Now, you should go ahead and disable the Avast self-defense module. There will be an option of uncheck box to get it disabled.
- Next, go to the directory at C:\ Program files\ Avast Software\ Persistent data\ Avast\ Logs
- Now, look for the Update Log file in this directory and delete it.
Once you have carefully followed the above 5 steps, you can go ahead and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. After your machine has rebooted, you can check whether the instup.exe file is enabled or disabled. In most cases, these steps will help you solve all your issues. If this works, you are good to go.
Instup.exe Application Error
At times, users may experience instup application error. Although you can simply go ahead and remove the software from your computer, there are other ways to solve the issue.
Given below are two solutions that can help you fix the error. The step-by-step process can be followed for this:
Solution 1: This solution requires you to scan all of the hard drives of your computer for possible viruses and malware. Follow the steps below to try this solution:
- First of all, launch your antivirus software from the start menu.
- Next, go to the settings of the software and command the program to scan all of your machine for possible viruses. This might take hours depending upon how many files you have stored on your computer.
- Once the scan is complete, the software will show you the final report. The list will show you different categories, such as viruses, quarantined viruses or infected files that the software can’t disinfect or delete. The quarantined files are the files that the software prevents from damaging your computer or files.
- Now, you can either disinfect the files or command the antivirus to delete the infected files.
- Once all of the files have been disinfected or deleted, the software will require you to reboot your machine. Do so.
Once your machine has rebooted, check your machine to see if it has fixed the problem. If the problem is still there, you can try solution #2.
This solution is about updating your operating system with the latest files from the developer website. This solution will connect your computer to the official server that stores the update files.
Keep in mind that the update may take a few minutes or hours depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
Install Windows Updates
- Go to the Start menu, type Update and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can go to the Control Panel and click on Windows Update.
- Once the window appears, it will search for updates and show you a list of Windows Updates that you can download and install on your computer
- You can check all the check boxes next to each update and hit the Install button
- Once all of the updates have been downloaded and installed, you can restart your computer
- Once your machine has rebooted, you can check if the problem is still there. If you still have the problem, you can follow the third solution.
Solution# 3: Undo Changes with Windows System Restore
- First, insert the windows installer disc or boot disc into your DVD ROM
- Restart your machine and wait for the boot manager to appear
- Once the boot option shows up on the screen, hit any button your keyword to move on
- Choose from the listed languages, keyboard methods, time, and then hit Next
- Next, hit Repair
- Choose the drive your OS is installed in, which is usually the Drive C
- Next, restore your system by going to the system restore panel
- Follow the System Restore instructions to opt for a restore point
- Once you have selected the restore point, you can hit the Finish button to begin the system restore process
- This process may take a while to complete. Once it’s compete, you can reboot your machine once again.
How To Uninstall Instup.Exe?
An easy way to fix the problem is to uninstall Instep.exe from your computer. Follow the steps given below to start the uninstall process:
- Go to the Start menu and look for Control Panel
- From the Control Panel items, choose Add or Remove
- Next, click the Add or Remove icon
- From the listed programs in the window, choose Insteup.exe and hit the Remove button
Instup.exe silent uninstall
The silent uninstall method allows you to remove Instup.exe through the Registry Editor of your windows. Follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows + R key to launch Run
- In the empty field, type regedit and hit Enter
- Now, inspect the registry entries for instup.exe and delete this entry from the list
That’s all. This process is quite simple and eliminates the need to uninstall the software file from your machine
Insteup.exe file is not a virus or Trojan but it can slow down your computer or create application errors if infected with a virus, worm or Trojan. If you experience any of these problems, we suggest that you try out the solutions detailed in this article. Hopefully, these methods will work for you. But if they don’t, you can hire the service of a computer expert.