Since the release of Minecraft, it has been a long time. The game found its fans who regularly enjoy the game. You can find thousands of Minecraft videos on YouTube, but they are mostly fan views and videos. But there are very few videos that explain how to solve the problem with crashes when launching the game. But this is not a big problem: today in this post we will discuss the main mistakes concerning the Minecraft crashes upon launch and how to deal with them.
Everyone who has seen Minecraft at least once knows that the game has no resource-intensive special effects and cool graphics. If you have any problems with the game, then it is unlikely due to the technical features of your computer, since still, the game can even run on Windows 7.
Minecraft Crashes On Startup
Most often, startup problems occur due to damaged files. How to solve this problem? First, delete the server folder located in the root of the game folder and replace it with a newer version. Another option is to add the Launcher.jar file, which is located in the same root folder with the game, to the exceptions of your antivirus.
Logs and Crashes During The Game
The most popular option that may cause problems with Minecraft is outdated drivers or the Java JDK. The solution is simple:
- Install the latest video card drivers and other computer components
- Install the latest Java JDK, which can be found at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
Most likely, you have installed a new version of the game that requires a new version of Java and drivers, so this should help you fix bugs.
If Minecraft starts but is impossible to play due to severe delays, then you should optimize the graphics settings. For this, open “Settings”, go to the “Graphics Settings” item and configure the following parameters:
- Graphics – Fast
- Soft Lighting – Off
- Anaglyph 3D – Off
- Particles – “Minimum”
- Drawing Range – “Very Close”
- Performance: “Maximum FPS”
- Clouds – Off
- Vertical sync: off
These are, in fact, the most “light” graphical configurations, in which the game should not be slowed down in any way. If even with this configuration, nothing has changed, then the problem is 99% in the Java JDK (the solution is described above).
You can often hear from players who had problems after installing some mods. The reason is that the add-on doesn’t fit your version of the game or just has broken files. Accordingly, we read the mod requirements and upgrade Minecraft to the required version or look for another version of this add-on.
Change Java Runtime Settings
Sometimes it happens that the Java configuration indicates some kind of restriction on RAM allocation for the game. This is very easy to verify and correct:
- Find in the Java taskbar
- Open and go to the Java tab
- Click View
- In the window that appears, double-click the Runtime Parameters field
- Change everything written in -Xms% MEMORY% m -Xmx% MEMORY% m, where%MEMORY% is the minimum amount of RAM (Xms) and maximum (Xmx) you are ready to assign to the game.
Some Error Instructions
Often, minecraft errors spoil the pleasure of playing the game, especially if you don’t know how to fix them. The following are the most common problem situations:
- Error connecting to the server – means that there are problems with communication with the server, it is observed when the initiator starts for a long time or does not start at all. In this case, it is necessary to determine what type of protection program blocks Internet access for the initiator;
- The “Error-connect1” window appears when Internet access is blocked. You should check which of the programs works: antivirus, firewall, or firewall ( search – Start – . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .);
- The “Error-connect2” window is an error similar to the previous one. To fix this, you can disable all protection (exclusively for the duration of the game) or add a launcher to the exclusion list, which is more acceptable. To do this: Windows Firewall –u003e Exceptions tab –u003e add –u003e initiator name. However, if you choose the first path, it is worth checking the antivirus settings, since some programs, when they are turned off, are still active in the background or, on the contrary, you can put the program in game mode.
Why is Minecraft crashing?
The reasons are the bugs related to the game’s release. However, there are other bugs that cause Minecraft to crash. For example, a message “Defective video card drivers” remembers that the installed drivers are out of date; for the existing video card, you need to download new drivers. The message “No memory” means that there is little RAM, or too many programs are currently running.
Black Screen At The Launch of Minecraft
Sometimes when starting the game appears Minecraft black screen – indicates that a mod was installed that did not pass the authentication check. You can fix the error by simply deleting the folder from the META-INF file (the root folder is minecraft.jar).
Errors with the servers are also common, caused by the actions of the player or by the developers themselves (which is not uncommon in recent versions of Minecraft).
Minecraft sandbox is known all over the world. Despite the simplicity of the graphics, its gameplay is more than serious. What can I say if real parks, squares, and even entire settlements are created in the projects created in the game! The game continues to improve, but the release of modifications and updates is not complete without errors and failures. What to do if the game crashes at startup, or due to modifications, causing messages like Minecraft has crashed?
The game was created in the Java programming language, which in itself is already interesting. Game output can trigger modifications: its conflict or incorrect installation. Don’t forget just broken files and locked libraries. In general, there are many reasons. In most cases, these errors appear in versions 1.5.2 and 1.7.10. Now we proceed directly to the solution to the problem. : Game crash error “Minecraft has been blocked!”
Fix In-Game Crash Errors
The simplest and most effective method is to uninstall games along with modifications and their subsequent reinstallation. But if you’re not looking for easy ways, let’s try to restore what it is.
First, we’ll work with the system:
- Start with reinstalling java. Remove it via “Programs and Components”, then be sure to restart. Download and install it from the official site. And we restarted again.
- Install the latest driver for the video card from the manufacturer’s official website. All types of utilities do not always do this correctly, so we recommend that you perform the operation manually.
- Now we move on to the memory. First, in addition to the RAM itself, you need a swap file. If your computer has at least 4 GB of RAM installed, then there is no particular need for it. However, if this option is lower, increase the page file by 1024-3072 Mb. The minimum and maximum size parameters must match during manual adjustment. Second, when you start the initiator, you can change the amount of memory allocated. This parameter can be set using the test method.
The black screen locks
If a black screen crashes when Minecraft starts, the problem lies directly with the launcher.
- Let’s go to the AppData directory – . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Minecraft-U003e bin. The final folder may have a different name, namely “Versions”.
- Delete all files in this folder. You can drag them to a folder, in case the procedure doesn’t help.
- We start the game from the shortcut on the desktop.
At this point, the game detects lost files and exchanges them from the Internet. Of course, you need a network connection.
A black screen appears when the game version and mod do not match. Most often, it appears when you use add-ons for a newer version of Minecraft. Consequently, it is necessary to eliminate interference.
Problems With Modifications
Was everything perfect before the modifications were installed? Don’t rush to wash the game; you may just need to set it up correctly.
Then, in the event of a change conflict, a window appears with an error log before the user. We’re interested in the bottom, after the line. “START ERROR REPORT …”. In case of modulation conflicts, look for the line. “… IllegalArgumentException Slot …” – after “Slot” is indicated a block, for which 2 mods claim at the same time. The line may look different: “… ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException …”, and then the slot numbers are indicated. If there are no such clarifications, then the error itself forges or does not match the game version/mod.
To change the slot, you must go to the game folder and perform the following manipulations.
- Go to the “Config” directory.
- We found a file or folder with the name of the mod. Note that you need to fix the installed mod, but not the permanent mod. Otherwise, some in-game items will be replaced.
- Right click on the file, select “Open with …” Notepad.
- We found in the notebook a slot with the serial number we are interested in and replace it with an arbitrary one. Important! The new number must consist of so many numbers, i.e. we change the identification from three digits to three digits, four digits to four digits.
These methods describe the solution to the main sources of in-game problems. Of course, it is impossible to consider all the errors in an article, because there are a lot of them. In any case, if your Minecraft crashes with a black screen error, or “Minecraft has been locked”, the first thing is to check these items.
Minecraft has recently become a very popular game, in which even some adults do not mind bombing. However, since this sandbox does not work as a regular game for us, but through Java, sometimes players have problems with it. If you have any comments or suggestions, please write below in the comments.