If you’re trying to log into OnlyFans but the website isn’t working, it’s not uncommon. It happens more often than you think. Just recently, a friend of mine tried to get on OnlyFans, but the website just wouldn’t load. This was an issue that was on their end at the time, but sometimes it can be an issue on your end, such as a faulty network connection or an out-of-date browser.
The most common reason OnlyFans won’t work is due to the servers being down. This means you will have to wait until they’re back up and running to access the website. Other times it could be due to your network settings or your network being unreliable. Fortunately, the fix can be fairly simple.
There are a couple of errors you can see when trying to get on the OnlyFans website. These errors all mean something different. Sometimes you won’t even get an error, the page may just be stuck due to a network error. This article will go over all the errors that could be preventing your OnlyFans from loading.
What Does Forbidden 403 Mean On OnlyFans?
I’ve seen the “Forbidden 403” error on plenty of websites. If you’re seeing this error on OnlyFans, it meant that the website isn’t available at the moment. It could be due to an update the company is performing or the website just has too much traffic on it at the moment to load correctly.
The Three Possible Reasons That The Onlyfans Website Isn’t Working
There are three common reasons why OnlyFans isn’t loading properly. It could be that the website is updating, the servers are down, or there’s more traffic than expected. You can’t solve any of these on your own. This is something that has to be done on their end and you will have to wait.
Updating The Website
Websites are known for bugs and other issues. OnlyFans will occasionally shut down the website for a short time to fix bugs that are causing errors. They may also shut down the website to improve the design.
If they’re performing this action, the website won’t load. This is probably the number one reason why the website isn’t loading and may be giving you a “Forbidden 403” error.
Servers Are Down
If you’re repeatedly trying to get onto OnlyFans but it just won’t load, it’s probably a server issue. You can use a website such as https://status.onlyfans.com/ to check the status of OnlyFans.
Additionally, you can check other social media platforms to see whether or not others are having the same issue as you. If this is the case, you can’t fix it. You will have to wait until the OnlyFans servers are back up.
More Traffic Than Expected
There are certain times of the day when OnlyFans is busier than usual. Additionally, the website can become overloaded if they’ve just come out with a new version. If this is the case, there will be too much traffic for the website to handle.
This will result in you not being able to load the website. You will have to keep trying until you get it to load or until OnlyFans fixes the website to accommodate more people at once.
Ways To Fix OnlyFans Not Working or Loading
Clear Your Browser’s Cache and Cookies
If you’re having any type of issue with your internet browsing experience, such s not being able to load OnlyFans, clearing your browser cache and cookies is an important first step in troubleshooting.
The cache is something used by your browser to speed up page loading times. However, it can cause an issue when the websites are updated because the files that are saved can clash with what’s currently coded into the website.
There are different methods for different internet browsers, so I’ll go over each one separately.
Google Chrome Android
Open Chrome and tap More at the top-right
Choose Clear Browsing Data
Set the time range to All Time
Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
Click on Clear Data
Close and re-open Chrome to save your changes
- Click on Tools
- Choose Options or Preferences
- On the left side, select Privacy & Security
- Under Cookies and Site Data click Clear Data
- Close and re-open Firefox to save your changes
Safari for MacOS
- Click on Safari
- Choose Preferences
- Select Privacy
- Click on Manage Website Data
- Click on Remove All
- Click on Remove Now
- Go back to the Safari menu
- Select Quit to save your changes
Edge for Windows 10
- Click on Tools (Three dotted lines)
- Open Settings
- Choose Privacy, search, and services
- Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear
- Click on Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Select Clear Now
- Close the browser to make the changes
- Click on the settings cog in the upper-left corner
- Click on Internet options
- Under General, scroll to Browsing history
- Select Delete
- Choose Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website data, History, and Delete History boxes
- Select Delete
- Close Internet Explorer and open it again for the changes to take effect
Safari for iOS
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple device
- Scroll to the Safari menu
- Select Clear History and Website Data
- When the pop-up appears, click on Clear History and Data
Google Chrome for iOS
- Open Chrome on your iOS device
- Click on the menu toolbar
- Select Settings
- Choose Privacy
- Click on Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files
- Set the time range to All Time
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- Confirm by selecting it again
Google Chrome for Windows
- Click on the three dotted lines in the upper-right corner
- Select History
- Choose Clear Browsing Data
- Set the time range to All Time
- Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Click on Clear Data
- Close and re-open Chrome to save your changes
Use A Different Browser
Before you dig deeper into troubleshooting methods, try to open OnlyFans on a different browser.
If you’re using Google Chrome, try to open OnlyFans from Internet Explorer or Firefox. If the website is loading on a different browser, this means the problem is related to your browser and not the device.
Connect To A VPN
OnlyFans isn’t available in a lot of countries. Depending on where you live, loading the website may not be possible at all.
You should confirm that OnlyFans can be accessed in your country and if it can’t, connect to a VPN. This will make it appear as if you were in a country where OnlyFans is allowed. You should then be able to browse the website.
Check Your Network Settings and Router
Sometimes computer and device issues can be from incorrect network settings and issues with your router. Changing these settings and resetting your router can help clear up any bugs that may be lingering.
Here are the steps for fixing network settings:
- Click on Start
- Select Settings
- Turn on Wi-Fi
- Choose Network & Internet
- Select More Options (>) next to Wi-Fi
- Select Show available networks
- If you see an available network, click it and Connect
- Open Wi-Fi Settings
- See if you can connect to the Wi-Fi network to get to the website from a different device
- Select Start
- Go to Settings>Network & Internet>Status
- Click on Change your network settings
- Select the Network troubleshooter
- Let the program run
- Try to launch the website again once it’s completed
- Click on the Apple Icon in the top-left corner
- Select System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Select your Wi-Fi connection
- Click on the Minus icon under the list of connections
- Click Apply
- Click on the Plus and re-add your Wi-Fi connection
If these methods don’t work, you may need to reset your router. Here’s how:
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your router
- Use something small to press and hold the button for 15 seconds
- Wait for the router to power back on
- This will reset your router to factory settings, so all saved preferences will be erased
- Unplug all wires from your router
- Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds
- Plug it back in and wait for it to boot
- This will not erase the settings
Use A Different Internet Connection or Mobile Data
A simple reason why the website isn’t loading could be due to a bad internet connection. The first thing you should do is try to connect to a different network or cellular data. If you’re using Wi-Fi, turn it off and connect to cellular data.
If it works, then you know it’s an issue with your Wi-Fi connection or settings. If it doesn’t work, try to use Wi-Fi on another device to see if that works. If it does, there’s an issue with your device.
You can try to fix this by performing the steps above to reset your network. This will help clear out any bugs that may be stopping the Wi-Fi from transmitting the data to your device.
Check If OnlyFans Is Down
If OnlyFans is having a server issue, you can use a website such as https://status.onlyfans.com/ to check the status of the OnlyFans website. On this website, you can see the status of all website aspects such as messages, feeds, and more. Additionally, you can check other social media platforms to see whether or not others are having the same issue as you.
If this is the case, you can’t fix it. You will have to wait until the OnlyFans servers are back up. It could take a couple of minutes or even a couple of days. It all depends on how quickly the IT team solves the problem.
Disable Add-ons Web Browser Settings
If you have too many add-ons in your web browser settings, it can certainly slow down how quickly the website will load. I suggest disabling the add-ons to see if the website will load. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the menu icon
- Select Tools
- Select Extensions
- Uncheck Enabled to stop the extensions from running or click Remove to get rid of it completely
- Type Chrome://plugins/ in Chrome’s address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality
- Click on Disable
- Click Firefox in the top-left corner
- Select Add-ons
- Click on Extensions to view the installed extensions or click Plugins
- Find the add-on you want to disable and click Disable
- To delete it, click Remove
- Restart Firefox
- Pull down the safari menu
- Choose Preferences
- Select Security
- Uncheck Internet plug-ins
- Select Tools
- Choose Manage add-ons
- Under Show, select All add-ons
- Choose the ones you want to turn off
- Select Disable
- Close out of the menu
Check If It’s Available In Your Country
OnlyFans isn’t available in all countries, but most of them support it. As far as I know, the website isn’t permitted in South Africa, Dubai, North Korea, and India. It could be banned in more places, but there’s no sure way to tell. The only way you could know for sure is if you contact OnlyFans directly and ask.
Contact OnlyFans Support
If you’re having a problem getting onto the website and you’ve tried all the troubleshooting methods above, you can contact their support team. You can do this by Emailing support@OnlyFans.com and asking the team if there’s an issue with your account or with the website.
This could take a few days, so it’s important to be patient. While you’re waiting for them to contact you, keep trying to get onto the website with different devices and connections. Maybe you’ll get lucky.
There are a number of reasons why the website won’t work. Most of the time it’s an issue with the website and nothing on your end.
On the off chance that it’s something on your end, the troubleshooting methods I’ve provided you with may fix it. If all else fails, contact customer support to see if they can help or give you an idea why it’s not working.
Marziano is a seasoned tech expert with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and multiple certifications, including CompTIA A+, Network+, and Cisco’s CCNA, he has a well-rounded and robust understanding of various aspects of technology.