The Roomba error 5 indicates that a loading error has happened in your robot vacuum cleaner. It is usually due to problems with your Roomba battery. This error prevents your Roomba from charging correctly.
However, you can fix this error with some operations. This guide will discuss what this error is, its causes, and possible solutions for it.
What is Roomba Error 5?
This error is an indication that your Roomba is not charging correctly. You are likely to get it if you are using fake batteries.
What causes this Roomba Error 5?
Roomba Error 5 usually occurs due to some issues with the battery. If you encounter it, you probably need to check the battery of the machine. However, I have listed a couple of possible causes for the error below.
- You are using counterfeit batteries.
- There is dirt built up on the charging contact of your robot and the Home Base.
Whatever the case may be, once you encounter this issue, you need to fix it immediately.
How to solve the loading error 5 in Roomba
You can solve loading error 5 by following the guide below:
Make sure that the battery contacts the plates. If you just placed a new battery, make sure you have removed the yellow strip that the batteries carry in their connections.
Make sure that the battery’s metal plates compartment is not very crushed. You can wipe the battery contacts with a clean piece of dry cloth.
Replace the battery and see you have fixed the error. In this case, the battery is likely completely dead. You need to always remember the last time you changed the battery of your Roomba.
If it was up to 2 years ago, get another battery for Roomba that is suitable, and replace it. This operation should fix your Roomba error 5, and the charging will now be normal.
Maintenance Roomba error 5
The first thing you need to do is remove the yellow ring that has the battery. When you finish, you will have to clean the battery’s contacts with a clean and dry cloth. You may notice that the color of the battery changed because it is probably covered with dust.
When you are done, make sure that all the home baseload contacts are dirt or dust-free. If you find any dirt or dust, you must get rid of it using a rubber brush. You must be very careful while you perform this operation because you are dealing with susceptible elements.
How to fix Roomba error 5 (left)
This error happens when one of Roomba’s left wheels does not turn well. To fix it, follow the guide below:
- Ensure that nothing is obstructing the rotation of the side wheels.
- Get rid of the factors that cause this obstruction. If this did not work, ensure that the wheel has a correct state. If it does not, replace it with a new wheel.
How to fix Roomba error 5 (right)
This error means that the right wheel of your Roomba cannot turn well. To fix it, follow the guide below:
- Make sure that nothing is obstructing it.
- Once you fix this error, change the location of your Roomba and hit the CLEAN button. If this could not solve the error, you need to get a new right wheel.
How to connect Roomba to Wi-Fi
You may encounter the message “There was a problem connecting to Roomba. Sorry. Please retry,” on your iRobot HOME App. When this happens, you need to ensure and perform the following simple steps to connect the robot to your home Wi-Fi network:
Make sure that the Home Base and robot are placed in an area with a strong Wi-Fi connection.
Make sure that the Wi-Fi indicator light on the robot is green. Also, follow the on-screen guide within the iRobot HOME App to connect your mobile device to your robot Wi-Fi network.
Now, follow the on-screen guide within the iRobot HOME App to finish the Wi-Fi setup process.
If you cannot find the robot in the network, reboot the robot and router. Once you finish, you need to force close the iRobot HOME App and set up the Wi-Fi again. If the problem is still there, you need to check your Wi-Fi settings on your router to confirm that they are compatible with the Wi-Fi setup process.
Roomba Keeps saying Charging Error.
If you are getting this charging error, it means that the battery is not detected. Therefore, the robot will not charge. When this happens, you will have to check the following:
- Make sure that your iRobot® Lithium-Ion Battery is authentic. You are likely to encounter charging errors while using counterfeit batteries.
- Ensure that a battery is installed. Especially when you recently got a service robot, check that the original battery is installed.
- Bring out the battery and check for anything that might be blocking the battery contacts, like the yellow battery pull tab.
- Make sure that the battery and robot have proper contact between them. Also, gently wipe the battery contacts on both the robot and battery with lightly dampened melamine foam like a magic eraser.
- Now, reinstall the battery and replace the bottom cover and battery door. Put the Roomba back on the Home Base® to try to charge again. If the message is still there, you need to contact iRobot Customer Care.
The Roomba error code 19 may occur while when your Roomba is trying to undock from the Home base. It is mainly a result of obstacles blocking the Roomba’s Home base.
Sometimes you would have to simply remove these obstacles to resolve it. This guide has provided you with the solutions to help you resolve this error. Now it’s your turn to perform these solutions and tackle it.