The media and entertainment sector has revolutionized considerably in recent years with the advent of streaming, new technology, and shifting customer needs. As per a forecast for 2021, the revenue of the Entertainment and Media Industry will rise to 2.1 trillion U.S. dollars.
The entertainment and media market encapsulates every broadcasting medium from newspapers, magazines, TV and radio, and popular forms of entertainment such as film, music, and books. Almost every creative field is directly attached to the entertainment and media industry and the workforce division is no less complex than any other corporation. Like any other modern industry, technical training is a must for every employee.
Challenges in the training and development of entertainment and media industry professionals.
Apart from the structure of the industry, the challenges of the entertainment and media industry are no less than any other industry. The challenges in training faced by entertainment and media professionals are as follows:
- Long working hours
- Change of location
- High rate of employee turnover
- High rate of recruitment and replacement
- High skill gap
With the ever-changing market trend, increasing consumer demands, and advancement of technology. To keep your organization ahead of the curve, the employees need to have an engaging and intuitive learning experience other than their skill certification courses. An LMS leveraging eLearning can solve almost all training challenges of entertainment and media personnel at ground level.
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application used to organize, track, report, automate, and deliver educational courses, training programs, or learning and development programs. The design of a learning management system arose straight from e-Learning.
Skills that can be developed by training
There are a lot of skills other than basic professional-specific skills such as writing, editing, acting, composition, photography, and the like, to name a few, that can be developed and enhanced by eLearning through an LMS.
The skills required other than specific professional skills in the media and entertainment industry that can be benefitted by training are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to work alone and as part of a team
- Leadership qualities
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and fulfill deadlines
- A flexible approach, self-assurance, and a thorough understanding of the organization and its players
Benefits that the entertainment and media industry can leverage through an LMS:
- An LMS can help in employee talent upskilling with bite-sized, micro-learning content such as 2-5 minutes videos, available at any point of time and on any device. The LMS feature that is utilized is the collaborative and integrative property.
- An LMS can help in the fast onboarding of new employees with a digital curriculum right at the start of their careers. The training modules can also be used even after finishing the course
- An LMS can help in training future leaders by providing the tools needed to develop soft skills.
- An LMS can help in tracking the training progress of the learner and assess them accordingly. An employee training tracking software can be beneficial in this respect.
- An LMS can help in conducting skill gap assessments and maintain the professional standard required by the entertainment and media organization.
- An LMS can help in certification, standardization of affiliation, accreditation, and assessment process aligned with entertainment and media industry guidelines.
- Learning management systems (LMS) can be utilized in skills cataloging, identifying, and creating lists of certified trainers across the entertainment and media industry.
- An LMS can help in reducing the time and cost of professional skill, technical, and soft skills training across the entertainment and media organization at every level.
- An LMS can help in engaging the personnel through gamification inclusion in learning content. This can reduce the high turnover rate seen in the media industry.
The media and entertainment industry is among the boundless global industries with a vast scope of training and development through eLearning. A learning management system (LMS) can become the backbone of the training and tracking of employees in the media and entertainment industry with the above-mentioned benefits.